Five Smart Ways to Keep your Home Warm in Winter
If you’re anything like us, Winter will be a time of year that equals hot chocolate, comforting food, and snuggling under warm blankets while expeditions outdoors are for long walks wearing plenty of layers.
However, when it comes to staying inside, warmth is a key element to our happiness. Therefore we have put into action some great ways to keep our homes warm and inviting throughout the colder months. We hope these tips help you to do the same.
- Leave your slippers by the radiator. This is always a wonderful way to be greeted, and by golly you will be pleased to have warm feet, particularly if you walk home from a long day at work, or from picking the kids up after school.
- Consider adding vertical radiators to your home. These are an excellent way to make the most of a smaller space, while maintaining a warm home. We have even seen some great 2-in-1 pieces that include a mirror within the radiator. Perfect for smaller entranceways, as it ensures that guests are welcomed into a warm space, whilst taming their windswept hairdo at the same time. Just brilliant.
- Invest in a good set of shutters. Shutters are naturally insulating, as they create an insulating air space between shutter and window, encouraging the warm air to stay in. Alternatively, it’s also ideal for keeping rooms cool in the warmer months.
- Treat yourself to a beautiful throw. Whether it’s for the living room or the bedroom, a beautiful and luxurious throw will go a long way to keeping you warm during winter, and they look so inviting too! We do love fabrics such as faux fur, recycled wool, and, if you are a lover of all things trending, why not try a giant hand-knitted throw?
- Consider double glazing. If your home hasn’t got double glazed windows, you will find that the heat escapes from your home incredibly easily. The addition of double glazing means, just as with shutters, the air is kept in.
Whatever you choose to do during the winter months, we hope these five ideas to helping keep your home warm have helped. If you want to find out more about how we can help during these chillier months, just get in touch.